Saturday, February 10, 2007

I HATE THE PHRASE "COMING OF AGE"



I don't know who said it, but it really is true; "No statue will ever be erected in honor of a critic."

Why do these so called commentators, always use the same tired and cliche' verbage to describe films?

This time it has been used to describe the drama, DREAMLAND.


Dreamland is a trailer park underneath the power lines, in the New Mexico end of the Mojave Desert.

This is a poetic script written by Tom Willett, and the images on the screen are as beautiful as the dialog.

Dreamland deals with loss, disease, friendship, community, and true love. It is a gorgeously sad movie. Well acted, and worth renting.

The music is by Photek and the score is written by Anthony Marinelli. Both are perfect for this film.



I had jotted so much more in my note book for this post, but I think I've said enough...

Maybe the metaphors used in this film, have me thinking like a poet, and not a critic...

I leave you with this...

To please all people, is to loose your self

you can't let go of a person you do not know

power lines are fine for lighting city streets

but only yielding to yourself can you light your own dreams

desert heat has a way of masking past pain

but a boiling point will bring it to the sand again

love can not be real, lest you are the lover of your own self

become complete, then truly can you love someone else...

La Vie Boheme

No comments: